5.12.2010

Babies

The movie.


Jared and I went to see it on Sunday (Mother's Day? What a coincidence ...) and I'm a fan. The concept is pretty simple: film four babies in four different countries through their first year of life. And I think it was executed really well. The photography is beautiful and stands out in the absence of plot or narration. Footage of Mongolia and Namibia, in particular, captures some really beautiful landscapes. More intimate shots of the babies by themselves or with others are framed and lit beautifully without feeling contrived. Actually, that was one of the things that I enjoyed the most about the film - how it largely manages to avoid feeling forced and artificial.

Oh. Also, the babies. 
I really loved the babies. 



Now for an example of the kind of post-movie dialogue you might engage in:

"Wow. So how does your uterus feel?"

"Fertile."

2 comments:

  1. Best end to a blog post, ever. Have you discovered I am now stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fair. I stalked you first.

    ReplyDelete